The Pony Camp at Speke Resort is for children of the ages 6-17 (Beginner-Advanced equine enthusiasts).
The mission of the Pony Camp, is to advance your children with a diverse experience that offers them the opportunity to compete as a team and craft new friendships that will last a life time.
We have a small teacher-to-student ratio, shared lessons taught by full-time, year round experienced trainers. Our ponies are of show quality, safe and size-suitable, and we take care to provide personalized attention.
Additionally, campers have the opportunity to learn how to groom, tack up, untack, wash and graze their ponies and horses. Plus the camp will feature a riding or horsemanship theme - arts and crafts workshops, outdoor challenges and dance around out a joyful camp.
Here are some aspects to note:
- A number of forms are to be signed on arrival.
- The charge per child is UGX 100,000 (Participation Fees).
- Camp starts at 08:00hrs on Saturday and ends at 12:00 on Sunday.
- Weekend package rates apply should you want to stay with us at. US$139 for a single and US$188 for double on full board per night for a deluxe room.
- Tuck shop (drinks only) will be there on site from 08;00hrs to 18;00hrs on Saturday on cash payment.
- A checklist for each child will be filled by the Admin including parent’s details etc.
- All Pony Camp staff and kids will be identified with name tags.
- Swimming pool is only allowed on Sunday for kids provided parents are accompanying and charges for accompanying guest will apply accordingly.
- Round the clock security guard will be on duty with hourly patrols.
- Weight machine and height scale will be provided by the resort.
- Comfortable riders will be selected to go for a one hour hack and remaining kids will ride with the grounds of the resort.
- A certificate for the event will be given to each child.
- The runner-up camper will be given a certificate.
- A disclaimer, checklist, camp line up, camp rules and agreement forms will have to be filled in the parent prior to his or her child being admitted to the camp.
- Meals can be purchased if required from our regular menu from and of our restaurants.
For any further information, please feel free to get in touch with us.